June 30th already! Many of you reading this are watching your summer fly by. We on the other hand don’t even remember it’s summer since the equator weather stays warm. We only have two seasons – dry and wet, or as we like to call them – dusty and muddy.
With that analogy, we’ll share the dusty and muddy of life here and ways you can pray for us.
The adoption of Henry has been a hot, long, dusty journey. Although we’ve seen God’s hand move amazingly through supportive relationships and timing of Henry’s placement with us, the path to justice for orphans is not for the faint of heart. We prayerfully, carefully, legally pursued this journey because we felt Holy Spirit leading us. Little did we know our case would be in the midst of a grimy legal battle for the rights of truly abandoned, orphaned children to be placed in caring families approved for adoption. The lines are drawn in the shifting dust with government manipulation on one side and child advocates on the other. We are with the other, standing alongside the Law Society of Kenya and The Law Society of East Africa. The USA embassy in Nairobi is petitioning the Hague to intervene since Kenya is a Hague compliant country for laws governing international adoption. Even local adoption by Kenyan citizens has stopped. Check the article below to read about a current lawsuit. restore-adoption
Every ministry project goes through muddy seasons, but we’ve noticed it’s actually fun to play in the mud! Instead of jumping to judgments and becoming critical, we join together and speak truth in love. Issues that threaten conflict arise, but conversation laced with a bit of humor and served up beside sweet hot chai get us all back on the same page and projects continue moving forward. God saves the team from complaining about potential messes, drawing us closer to Him and each other.
Regardless of dust or mud, we are content to keep praising, praying, and believing. Will you join us?
- Please pray the adoption process opens so children are free to be welcomed into loving families. Our next court date is July 7th.
- It’s Ramadan and as we write this the call to prayer echoes through the evening air. Please pray we effectively share the love of Jesus with our Musl*m neighbors.
- Please pray for the widowed/single mamas of the Women of Worth group and the Kajulu Women’s group to be faithful in studying God’s Word, successful in their businesses, intentional in their parenting, generous in their giving.
- Please pray for the neglected kiddos at Joyland as we keep sharing Jesus with them on Saturday afternoons.
- Thanking God for the progress made on the Resource Center construction. Grateful for the gifts and the local church's sacrificial giving that helped build partitions.
- Please pray for Tavin and Taleah as they take exams the next couple weeks.
- Still waiting on the approved missionary permit renewals…
- Yahoo! We get to spend next week with Jeanne Marie Soniat and Jaden Hinger. SO EXCITED!!!
|Waiting at one of our many court appointments.|
|Our dear friend Steve sharing praises at Joyland.|
|Building the Resource Center together.|
Our prayers for dear friends and family are that you to truly enjoy the summer vacation by relaxing in the One whose rest is never ending.
Asante sana for your prayers, support and encouragement.
hugs from the haugers 0ooOo